Monday, September 13, 2010

Used Game Review of the Week: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Review
When I first saw this game sitting in the used game bin for 17.99, I was a little hesitant, mainly because Dead Space was sitting right next to it. However, since I do have Dead Space on the PC, I decided to try this Star Wars game to see if it would be worth it to pick up the next one in the series, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. I have to say that I haven't spent much time with the game, probably less than 3 hours, but with what I've played, I think I made the right choice. This game is perhaps the most intuitive Star Wars game ever made! There is no better feeling than wielding a red lightsaber and lifting a storm trooper into the air and force pushing him across the map. The controls are very tight and responsive and so far, I really like the story. The visuals do seem like they are a little dated, but the game did release a while ago. This visual problem is especially evident in the cut scenes. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but the facial animations don't really match the words being spoken. Now, I have to say that I will be picking up The Force Unleashed 2 when it comes out. I cannot wait to finish this game and see where the story takes me.
I give this game a 9/10, but I'm not sure if a non-Star Wars fan would really enjoy the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment